Code of Conduct
CropLife Australia members abide by the CropLife Australia Code of Conduct to demonstrate their commitment to high standards of safety, stewardship and product quality.
The Code of Conduct sets out a series of obligations that must be met as a condition of CropLife Australia membership. Failure to comply with the Code of Conduct may result in cancellation of membership.
The Code of Conduct also details a number of policies and programs that member companies are encouraged to adopt, implement or participate in.
In complying with the Code, members of CropLife Australia must:
- act in the best interests of the industry
- comply with relevant Australian legislation and regulations
- participate in a range of stewardship activities
- promote understanding of the Code by relevant company staff
- make accurate product claims
- support correct product transportation and application
- use information responsibly in publicity material
- use ethical market research techniques
- mitigate security risks
- provide information and data
- pay membership fees
- report compliance with the Code.
Crop protection members must also comply with the Food and Agricultural Organization of the United Nations (FAO) International Code of Conduct on Pesticide Management and participate in our industry stewardship activities which are run by Agsafe.
All members are also encouraged to participate in industry wide sustainability activities, continuously improve container design and performance and support alliances.