Strawberries, Ornamentals – Two-spotted Mite, Western Flower Thrips
Crop: Strawberries, Ornamentals
Insect(s): Two-spotted Mite (Tetranychus urticae)
- Monitor mite activity and treat infestations before thresholds are reached, ie. spray earlier rather than later. Seek advice on local threshold levels.
- DO NOT apply sequential applications of products from any one chemical group.
- Preferably products with the same Mode of Action should not be used more than twice in a growing season
- Incorporate the use of predatory mites for the control of this pest wherever possible.
Notes regarding the application of insecticides:
- To ensure the most effective control of the pest:
- Product labels should at all times be carefully read and adhered to;
- Full recommended rates of registered insecticides should always be used; and
- Ensure good coverage of the target area to maximise contact.
Content last updated: June 10, 2020