Disease(s): Target spot (early blight)
Resistance Management Strategy for:
Group 2 Dicarboximides;
Group 3 Demethylation inhibitors (DMI);
Group 7 Succinate dehydrogenase inhibitors (SDHI);
Group 9 Anilinopyrimidines (AP);
Group 11 Quinone outside inhibitors (QoI); and
Group 11 + 3 QoI + DMI.
- Limit the use of Group 2, 3, 9 or 11 fungicides to periods when conditions favour disease development.
- Do not apply more than four Group 2 sprays in one season. Apply no more than two consecutive sprays of a Group 2 fungicide.
- Do not apply more than six Group 3 sprays in a season. Apply no more than two consecutive sprays of a Group 3 fungicide alone.
- If applying Group 7 fungicides, do not apply more than two consecutive sprays before changing to another group. Do not apply more than three Group 7 sprays per season. If consecutive sprays are used, then use the same number of sprays of an alternative group before using another Group 7, including sprays in consecutive seasons.
- If three or fewer fungicide sprays for target spot are applied per crop, use only one spray containing a Group 9 fungicide. If four to six sprays are applied per crop, use a maximum of two sprays containing Group 9 fungicides. If seven or more sprays are applied per crop, use a maximum of three sprays containing Group 9 fungicides.
- Apply no more than two consecutive sprays containing a Group 9 fungicide.
- Apply Group 11 fungicides preventively. Do not apply more than six sprays, or one third of the total sprays (whichever is lower) from Group 11 fungicides. Do not apply more than two consecutive sprays of Group 11 fungicides. If consecutive applications of Group 11 fungicides are used, then they must be followed by at least the same number of applications of fungicide(s) from a different group(s) before a Group 11 fungicide is used again, either in the current or following season.