Disease(s): Yellow spot, Powdery mildew
Resistance Management Strategy for:
Group 3 Demethylation inhibitors (DMI);
Group 7 Succinate dehydrogenase inhibitors (SDHI);
Group 7 + 3 SDHI + DMI;
Group 11 + 3 Quinone outside inhibitors (QoI) + DMI;
Group 11 + 4 QoI + phenylamides (PA); and
Group 11+7+3 QoI + SDHI + DMI.
- Fungicides should be used as protectant treatments – where no more than 5% leaf area infection evident anywhere in the canopy. In high risk disease environments, integrated management approaches should be used to reduce fungicide resistance risk including the removal of stubble, control of green bridge volunteers and the use of tolerant and resistant varieties.
- Do not apply more than two applications per growing season of Group 11 or 7 containing products. This includes in-furrow or seed treatments that have activity on foliar diseases. Combinations of in-furrow and seed treatment are counted as one application.
- Do not apply consecutive applications of Group 11 containing products. This includes in-furrow i.e. if a Group 11 + 4 fungicide has been used in-furrow at planting, the first foliar fungicide spray must not contain a Group 11 fungicide.
- If a Group 7 seed treatment has been used with foliar activity (as determined by label claims), the first foliar fungicide applied should not contain a Group 7 fungicide.
- Do not apply more than one application of a Group 7 seed treatment with foliar activity in any two consecutive growing seasons.
- If a Group 7 fungicide is being applied as a foliar spray, it must be in a co-formulation or in mixture with a registered mixing partner with a different mode of action, with no known resistance.
- Do not apply more than three applications containing Group 3 fungicides per growing season. This total of three applications includes DMIs applied as Group 11 + 3 or Group 11+7+3 co-formulations and in-furrow or seed treatments that have activity on foliar diseases. Combinations of in furrow and seed treatment are counted as one application.
- Minimise use of Group 3 fungicides which are known to have compromised resistance status.