Disease(s): Septoria blotch
Resistance Management Strategy for:
Group 3 Demethylation inhibitors (DMI);
Group 7 Succinate dehydrogenase inhibitors (SDHI);
Group 7 + 3 DMI + SDHI; and
Group 11 + 3 Quinone outside inhibitors (QoI) + DMI.
- Fungicides should be used as protectant treatments – prior to symptoms of disease when conditions are conducive to disease development.
- In high risk environments, integrated management approaches should be used to reduce fungicide resistance risk, which may include:
• removal or burning of stubble,
• crop rotation (avoid wheat on wheat),
• control of green bridge volunteers; and
• use of tolerant and resistant varieties.
- Do not apply more than one application of a Group 7 seed treatment with foliar activity in any two consecutive growing seasons.
- Do not apply more than two applications per growing season of Group 11 or 7 containing products. Foliar sprays and in-furrow or seed treatments that have activity on foliar diseases, count towards total. Combinations of in-furrow and seed treatment are counted as one application.
- If a Group 7 seed treatment has been used with foliar activity (as determined by label claims), the first foliar fungicide applied must not contain a Group 7
- If a Group 7 or 11 fungicide is being applied as a foliar spray, it must be in a co-formulation or in mixture with a registered mixing partner with a different mode of action, with no known resistance. The mixture partner should also provide satisfactory disease control when used alone on the target disease.
- Do not apply more than three applications containing Group 3 fungicides per growing season. This total of three applications includes DMIs applied as Group 11+3 co-formulations and in-furrow or seed treatments that have activity on foliar diseases. Combinations of in‑furrow and seed treatments are counted as one application.
- Minimise use of Group 3 fungicides which are known to have compromised resistance status.
- Reduced rates, including with multiple applications, must not be used. Always used labelled rates.