Disease(s): Alternata spot (Alternaria spp.)
Resistance Management Strategy for:
Group 2 Dicarboximides;
Group 7+3 Succinate dehydrogenase inhibitor (SDHI) + Demethylation inhibitors (DMI); and
Group 11 Quinone outside inhibitors (QoI).
- Maintain a protective cover with a protectant fungicide such as mancozeb.
- Limit the use of Group 2 to strategic periods, i.e. before, during and after extended wet periods.
- Always tank mix the Group 2 fungicide with a protectant such as mancozeb.
- Do not apply more than four Group 2 sprays in a season.
- The total number of Group 7+3 and Group 11 sprays should be no more than one-third of the total number of fungicide sprays per season.
- Do not apply more than two consecutive applications of a Group 11 spray.
- If two consecutive applications of a Group 7+3 or Group 11 spray are applied, they must be followed by at least the same number of sprays from an alternative chemical group.