Disease(s): Powdery mildew
Resistance Management Strategy for:
Group 3 Demethylation inhibitors (DMI);
Group 7 Succinate dehydrogenase inhibitors (SDHI);
Group 7+11 SDHI + QoI;
Group 7+12 SDHI + phenylpyrroles
Group 11 Quinone outside inhibitor (QoI);
Group 19 Chitin synthase inhibitor;
Group 21 Qionone inside Inhibitor (QiI); and
Group U6 Phenyl-acetamide.
- Apply a program of protectant fungicides from early crop establishment and maintain a regular spray program throughout the crop growing cycle. If weather conditions favour powdery mildew development, use a Group 3 or 11 fungicide.
- Do not use the same fungicide group as the last application on runner production and the first application to in-field fruit production.
- Do not use Group 3 or 19 fungicides as eradicants (once symptoms are visible).
- Do not apply more than four Group 3 sprays per season.
- Do not apply more than two consecutive sprays of Group 3 or 19 fungicides, including from one season to the next.
- If applying Group 7 fungicides (including 7+11 or 7+12), do not apply more than two consecutive sprays before changing to another group.
- Do not apply more than three Group 7 sprays per season. If consecutive sprays are used, then use the same number of sprays of an alternative group before using another Group 7, including sprays in consecutive seasons.
- Apply Group 11 or U6 fungicides preventively.
- Do not apply consecutive sprays of Group 11 or U6 fungicides, including from one season to the next.
- If three or fewer powdery mildew fungicide sprays are applied per crop, use only one spray containing a Group 11 fungicide. If four to six sprays are applied per crop, use no more than two sprays containing a Group 11 fungicide. If seven or more sprays are applied per crop use a maximum of three sprays containing a Group 11 fungicide. Do not apply more than three Group 11 sprays per season.
- or 19
- Do not apply Group 19 fungicides more than six (6) times per season, or more than 50% of the total number of fungicide sprays.
- Apply Group 21 as a protectant spray only.
- Do not apply more than two (2) consecutive sprays or more than three (3) times per crop season.
- Exposure to Picolinamide (or any other Group 21 containing product) should not exceed thirty-three percent (33%) of the total period of protection needed per crop.
- Picolinamide applications are to be made preventatively and so more than two (2) times in sequence before applying a fungicide with a different mode of action
- Continue alternation of fungicides between successive crops.
- Do not apply more than two Group U6 sprays per crop.
- No specific resistance management strategy has been developed for low-risk fungicides, including those in Group M and BM. These products should be included in a management strategy as per label recommendations.