Tomato – Tomato Budworm (Heliothis)
Insect(s): Tomato Budworm (Heliothis)
- Monitor pest levels and do not spray unless pest thresholds are reached.
- DO NOT apply products outside their window of application for that chemical group.
- Integrate both chemical and nonchemical means of control as part of the overall control strategy. Examples are the use of predators/parasites and relevant cultural practices (crop hygiene, rotation of planted areas, and strategic time of planting.
- Seek local advice on pest incidence and the risk of resistance development from insecticide programs used to control Heliothis in other crops or to control other pests
- When using insecticides/miticides to control other pests on tomato, consider the chemical group in relation to contributing to resistance development of Heliothis.
Content last updated: July 1, 2019