Disease(s): Powdery mildew
Resistance Management Strategy for:
Group 3 Demethylation inhibitors (DMI);
Group 11 + 3 Quinone outside inhibitors (QoI) + DMI;
Group 7 Succinate dehydrogenase inhibitors (SDHI);
Group 7+3 SDHI + DMI;
Group 13 Aza-napthalenes; and
Group 21 Quinone inside Inhibitor (QiI).
- Apply fungicides before disease becomes established.
- Do not apply more than four sprays of a Group 3 containing fungicide per crop.
- If applying a Group 7, 11, 13 or 21 containing fungicides, do not apply more than two consecutive sprays before changing to another group. Do not apply more than three applications containing a Group 7, 11, 13 or 21 fungicide per crop. If consecutive sprays are used, then use the same number of sprays of an alternative group before using another fungicide group, which includes sprays from consecutive crops.
- Apply Group 21 as a protectant spray only.
- Do no apply more than two consecutive sprays or more than three times per crop season or cropping cycle with maximum of five (5) applications per calendar year in case of multiple cropping cycles.
- Exposure to Picolinamide (or any other Group 21 containing product) should not exceed thirty-three percent (33%) of the total period of protection needed per crop.
- Picolinamide applications are to be made preventatively and no more than two (2) times in sequence before applying a fungicide with a different mode of action.
- Continue alternation of fungicides between successive crops. There will be no more than five (5) applications of Picolinamide (or any other Group 21 containing product) per year on the same area.