Various – Silverleaf whitefly (𝘉𝘦𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘪𝘢 𝘵𝘢𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘪)
Insect(s) Silverleaf whitefly (Bemisia tabaci)
- Monitor pest numbers and apply control measures before adult populations reach high levels.
- Select registered insecticide control measures according to the primary growth stage of the pest, the infestation level and the age and type of crop.
- In cotton, spray decisions should be based on the Silverleaf Whitefly threshold matrix. Refer to the current Cotton Pest Management Guide for further details.
- Where possible, utilise selective insecticides during the early stages of crop development to minimise the impact on beneficial insects.
- Rotate between registered insecticides that have different modes of action (see table below)).
- Do not apply more than two consecutive applications of insecticides that have the same Mode of Action within and between seasons.
The Modes of Action (groups) and registered insecticides for control of Silverleaf Whitefly are listed below:
Content last updated: July 14, 2023